Online Proctoring FAQ’s
Q: What will I need to start my exam?
A: On the day of your exam you will need the following items
- Government-issued photo ID (i.e. driver’s license, passport, or military ID) or a valid Student school ID
- Up-to-date Google Chrome
- Working webcam and microphone
- Laptop or desktop computer (phones and tablets are not supported)
- Strong internet connection
- Private room
Q: What steps should I follow to start my exam?
A: Please follow the detailed instructions emailed to you by ProctorU. Watch ProctorU’s Pre Exam Checklist video so you are fully prepared for your exam session.
Q: What time should I arrive to start my exam?
A: Login into your ProctorU account at least 2-3 minutes before the scheduled time of your exam.
Q: Where can I find my Exam Access Code?
A: The email sent to you on the date you registered from email@example.com with the subject line “Sign-in Manager Certification” will contain your Course Access Code.
Q: What if I fail the ProctorU systems requirement the day of the exam?
A: We highly recommend you test your system on the computer you will be using prior to your test day. On your test day, if the system check fails, you will get an option to retry. If the system check fails twice, you will be directed to the ProctorU support team for assistance and troubleshooting. Visit ProctorU to learn more about testing your equipment.
Q: What do I do if my exam session with ProctorU is interrupted and I have to reschedule my exam?
A: If the exam session is interrupted and you are not able to complete your exam due to technical reasons or reasons not related to test taking irregularities an incident log will be created by ProctorU. To receive a replacement Online Proctoring Exam Access Code, please contact your service provider. For faster service, consider chat or text. Once you receive the replacement Exam Access Code you can schedule a new exam appointment.
Q: Are study materials or notes allowed for my exam?
A:: No. Study materials (ie: books, notes, websites, calculators, etc) are not allowed while taking the Food Protection Manager Certification Examination.
Q: Can I have food or drink during my exam?
A: No food or drink are permitted while testing.
Q: What actions are not permitted during my exam?
A: A list of actions and behaviors not permitted and that will be flagged during an exam can be found on the ProctorU website here. Actions that are not permitted include:
- Talking aloud: Unless you have an approved accommodation such as vision impairment, talking or whispering aloud during the exam is not permitted.
- Being out of camera view: Your face, chin to forehead, needs to be in the camera view at all times.
- Anyone entering your testing area: You may not have anyone else in your testing location with you.
- Anyone talking to you while you are in your testing area: Additional noises, including other people talking to you, while you are taking your exam are not permitted.
- Looking off-screen: Your eyes must stay on the screen at all times while testing.
- Utilizing materials that are not allowed:
- Taking pictures or screenshots of the exam: Taking pictures while in your exam, including screenshots or photos, is not permitted.
- Copying and pasting any elements of the exam: In most cases, our system will not allow you to copy and paste any content from your exam. Regardless of whether you can or cannot perform this function, our system will capture all events of copy and paste that occur.
- Utilizing a virtual machine: Virtual machines are detected through the pre-exam system check, and are not permitted.
- Utilizing a secondary monitor: You may only use one monitor attached to one computer during your exam.
Q: What happens if my action or behavior is flagged by the ProctorU system?
A: The proctor will intervene upon any actions or behaviors that are not allowed and may need to cancel the exam session.
Q: How do I arrange for exam accommodations for Online Proctoring?
A: You may request an accommodation by submitting an Exam Accommodation Request Form to AFS prior to your scheduled exam. If you request an accommodation during the exam that is not been pre-approved by AFS, you can request to reschedule your exam so you can request an accommodation.
Q: What happens if I miss my scheduled exam appointment?
A: After 15 minutes, your appointment will be automatically cancelled and you will receive an email notification from ProctorU. Once you receive the email notification, you can log back into your ProctorU account to reschedule your exam.
Q: Is there a fee for missing or rescheduling an appointment?
A: There is no fee for missing or rescheduling an appointment.
Q. What if there is no test appointment available before the date I need to be certified?
A: Testing appointments are available on a first come first serve basis. We would suggest you request an extension to the earliest time you found available through ProctorU scheduling.
Q: What if I didn’t receive a confirmation email from ProctorU?
A: If you did not receive a confirmation email from ProctorU:
- Check your spam folder.
- Click Here to have the confirmation instructions resent. You will need the email address you used when you set-up your ProctorU account.
Q. How many questions are there on the Food Protection Manager Certification Examination?
A: There are 90 questions on the exam, but only 80 questions are scored; the exam includes ten unscored pilot questions.
Q: What is the passing score for the Food Protection Manager Certification Examination?
Q: How do I get my exam results/certificate?
A: For online exams, results are usually available almost immediately after you submit the exam for grading. You will receive an email notifying you that your score is available. If you pass the exam, you will also be directed to where you can view and print your certificate. Note it can take up to 24 hours for your certificate to become available, you will receive an email once your certificate is available.
If you have questions about your exam, please contact Ken at firstname.lastname@example.org. For faster service, consider chat or text.
Back to top of page